In a world run by Google, Online gaming and everyday handy Apps what has become an essential to every household is a router more specifically a wireless router and to find a good one on a good price is not so eay to accomplish . so here we have a list of the Best Wireless Routers To Buy In 2017 – Buyer’s Guide
10. D-Link DIR-880L – Dual band AC1900 Gigabit Router
Here at number 10 we have a relative to the DIR-890, but this one is dual band router and has a pretty good performance seeing as though it is not so expensive when it comes to its big brother DIR-890. When it comes to managing the speed and range it outdid its older brother as well as the fact that it comes with antennas that can be replaced easily as well as detached and you have the added feature of using the cloud service provided by the D-Link service provider which allows you to control many of the functions through it. During the testing we found no faults or disconnection issues or any slow speed issues.
- No slow speed issues
- Can be used in long range
- Speed is great for both bands 2.4 gigahertz and 5 gigahertz
- D-Link’s cloud service added bonus
- Web interface may create problems for old and new users
9. Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station – Elegant and Unique in Looks
Amazed at how Apple came into the router list well we were too, but since it has launched a router and one that is uniquely designed and has a great performance, with a name like Airport Extreme Base Station it is a dual band router and has the latest speed and stability.
- Uniquely designed
- Dual band router
- Great performance and speed
- User friendly
- In comparison to other Apple routers not upgraded
8. Linksys WRT1900 AC – Best DD-WRT WiFi Router
From the line of Linksys here is another one the WRT 1900 AC , its design and built is same as other models from this company along with a standard setup of AC1900 and dual band router one with a speed of 1300 megahertz (5 gigahertz) and the other with a speed of 600 gigahertz (2.5 gigahertz). This router comes full blown with four antennas and yes it does have an impeccable speed along with Universal Plug and Play support system (UPnP) and DLNA ,oh not to forget that the router does also act up as NAS with so many features included it still did not weigh down the performance in any way and it performed amazingly and passed all tests with flying colors.
- Chic design
- Easy setup
- Robust hardware
- Stability and speed top notch
- Supports UPnP & DLNA
- Very good NAS performance
- Firmware can be customized
- Hefty on the price tag
- Hard to adjust the software especially for novice users.
7. TP-Link Archer C7 – Best Budget Wireless Router 2017 (Under 100 Bucks)
With a speed of 1.75 Gbps this is the perfect wireless router for internet gaming fans and video streaming fans oh and did we not mention that it is available under $100 bucks! Talk about endless fun and games not only is this router dual band but it comes jam packed with a total of 6 antennas, although this would seem to make the speed fast but the speed is just about average but good enough for gamers coupled with NAS and aesthetically the built although of average quality is pleasing to the eye. Overall this is a great router if you’re going on a budget.
- Stylish and easy to setup
- Very reasonable price
- NAS supported
- Dual band performance thumbs up
- Perfect for online streaming and gaming
- Its built is made of plastic so not so good quality wise.
6. Amped Wireless RTA2600 Athena
Here is another router that will get the job done, whereas it may not have a ton of features but it does have a few and the few that it has do a pretty good job like the control panel that is responsive, the stability and speed of the router will not let you down and to top it off the design is different as it is compact and everything is so greatly put together that you won’t be able to take your eyes off of it.
- Easy to setup & use
- Can be plugged to a number of devices without any hiccups in performance
- Top notch performance at a reasonable price
- Less features compared to others.
5. Asus RT-AC3200 – Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Router
Looking at this router is enough to make any fan buckle at his knees; its appealing design coupled with a plethora of features is just about a victory for anyone. Although the price may make you think twice but if you look at its features than the price can be comprised with as the performance is outstanding with 6 detachable and replaceable antennas providing you fast speed over an average range and superb hardware.
What’s fascinating about this router is that is can also serve as an OpenVPN and NAS accompanied by a user friendly setup. The only downside that we see is only 4 LAN ports which may not be enough other than that for the average customer this is a great deal with outstanding features that will not make you buy a router for a long time.
- Retro design
- A number of features
- User friendly
- Robust hardware
- Flawless speed
- May be heavy for some users
4. Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6 – Good for Gaming, Video Streaming and much more
Here is a wireless router that has a responsive tri band router, and an amazing performance in terms of speed and stability, its compact design makes it so easy to carry as although it comes with 6 antennas all of them can be easily collapsed, with a hard core color scheme and charming design, it also comes with and can serve as a NAS that works far better than others mentioned.
- Extremely powerful router
- Extreme speed especially on 5 gigahertz band
- Excellent build quality
- Can be used as NAS that actually performs great
- The 2.4 gigahertz band does not show much promise in terms of speed and range.
3. D-Link DIR 890L – Best Range Wireless Router
From a company that is gold when it comes to wireless routers D-Link has yet done it again and this time made a router that looks nothing short of an incredible spaceship but not only does this router look the part but it plays the part in terms of speed, range and easy setup it has blown us away, along with its doubling up as NAS and a tri band router. The only downside we see here is that it only comes with 4 LAN ports and the 6 antennas are not detachable but other than that this is one router that provides a superb performance.
- Great quality
- Great outward appearance
- Speed fast
- Covers an average range
- Easy to setup and use
- Heavy on the price tag
- Only 4 LAN ports
- 6 antennas which are not detachable.
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 – AC1900 Dual-Band Router (Best Router under $200)
A dual band router from the company that is determined to please when it comes to wireless router NETGEAR has done it again, this time with the Nighthawk R7000 that looks nothing less than fighter jet coupled with 1300 Mbps speed over the 5 gigahertz band and 600 Mbps speed over the 2.4 gigahertz band, it is not only easy on the price but will have no problems setting up this router, with that in mind you should not only go for the aesthetics as this model is quite heavy and requires a lot of free space to place it on but other than that the speed is impeccable and the it provides a multitude of coverage.
comes fully packed with a DD-WRT support along with OpenVPN, OpenDNS and complete parental control support. It does not even stop there this router also serves as NAS and has QoS which is a pretty neat feature for controlling the streaming of your internet connection.
- Top notch performance
- Quality hardware and appealing to the eye
- Very heavy
- Occupies a lot of space.
At number one we have a dual band wireless router that you will find under $300 and you will not be unhappy about it, complete with an aerodynamic look and whopping 8 LAN ports that will give you top notch speed and performance as well as a top tier NAS as well. The setup procedure is quite easy that anyone can use with the help of a wizard or you can do it manually.
- Multi-client MU-MIMO data streaming provided
- Supports up to 8 Gigabit LAN ports
- Superb Wi-Fi performance
- Easy to use
- Easy to setup
- USB 3.0 may need some work done
- When router is setup with other features the performance is downgraded.