We know how it feels to go for a hunt and hunt down the things you like. It’s the rush of adrenaline that pumps the body up but with so many choices what do you? Well the latest trend nowadays is hunting with a Crossbow and why not it has been done so from generations and its trend is in again. So without further ado let’s review the best crossbows to use in terms of speed and quality in the 10 Best Crossbows Reviews 2017
10. Barnett Wildcat C5 – Best value Crossbow
If your new at this then this is the company you want to invest in at a reasonable price you get a sturdy draw at 150 lbs whereas the crossbow itself is 8.5 lbs which is heavy as compared to others but still you can even comfortably place a your thumb in the thumb holder for a more firm grasp and not to forget the following features
- Speed of up to 320 FPS
- Can generate 91 FP of kinetic energy.
- Comes with 5-year warranty.
- 4×32 adjustable scope.
- Quiver and three 20-inch solid arrows included.
- Fast and powerful
- Dampening system not included
- Does make loud noises in some situations
- Does not come with Rope Cocking device
- Included sight not good
9. Barnett Penetrator Review – Best Crossbow under 500
The Barnett penetrator is effortless when it comes to assembling and easy to use when it comes to practicing. It comes fully equipped with tools followed by 350 fps velocity, 109 ft/lbs of kinetic energy so your target will be hit at the core. This crossbow also includes, 5 years of warranty. Includes 20-inch, 400-grain aluminum arrows.
- Reasonable price
- Rope cocking device included
- Hand cranking device included
- Great for precision hunts such as deer and elks
- Heavy built
- String used not good quality does break easily and is not included in warranty
8. Arrow Precision Inferno Fury Review – Lightest Crossbow (Under $200)
Here is a crossbow that will be easy to lift and easy to pay for, if you’re just starting out in the crossbow frenzy then this is something to try out. You can get it started immediately as it is easy to setup and comes complete with all the necessary tools. The draw comes in at 175 pounds and shoots at a velocity of 235 fps but don’t underestimate it you can easily target from a distance of 20 to 30 yards and your hit will not be a miss.
- Lightweight crossbow (4.8 lbs)
- 1 year warranty
- Not good for heavy games
- Arrows included not of good quality.
7. Barnett Ghost 360 CRT Review – Fastest and Affordable
Another make from the Barnett Company which is quite compact in size and weight at only 7 pounds, here is a crossbow you don’t need to worry about while in those tight hunting spots, this one is made for medium level games at a velocity of 360 fps.
- Great precision
- Small in weight and size
- Includes 5 in 1 Safety Firing System
- Scope is adjustable
- Does not come with a cocking mechanism
6. Barnett Jackal Package Review – Best crossbow for Beginners (Under 300)
For an awesome price this is a must have if you’re a beginner with all essentials included like a quiver, bolts and a red dot sight. You can set this up as soon as you receive it, it’s that easy! At a speed of 315 fps and a draw weight of 150 pounds this crossbow will give you hits like hit man with powerful and robust cable system you can make medium and entry level games so much more exciting.
- Reasonable priced
- Great for entry level and Intermediate users
- Good stability because of Quad limbs
- No Rope Cocking Mechanism
- No Dampening system
- No Broad-heads
- Makes noise while firing
5. Excalibur Matrix Grizzly SMF Review – Probably the Excalibur’s most affordable crossbow
Here is a crossbow ,if you want something that is trendy, feathery and affordable an awesome recurve crossbow for small frame people especially women and teenagers, at only 5.5 pounds and 30 inch limbs will give you killer precision not to mention draw weight of 200lbs. with this crossbow you don’t have to worry about the hassle of getting it setup as soon you get it you can easily assemble it and use the 4 arrows that come along with it, this is crossbow perfect for beginner gaming and provides speed of up to 304 fps.
- Good built
- Trendy ,small in size,
- Feathery weight
- Essential items included
- No fire arm mechanism
- No aluminum rails
4. Barnett Buck Commander Extreme Review – Lightweight and Fast
Also known as the BCX this crossbow comes at 7.1 pounds and is really easy to use even while you’re in all hands position because it is so portable, it provides up to 365 fps velocity and is made of all carbon and aluminum not to mention the 118 pounds of kinetic energy it produces, it has a scope of 3 x 32 and is extremely easy to use.
- Anti dry fire feature included
- No sling included
- No dampener so it does make noise
3. Barnett Ghost 410 CRT Review – Fastest Crossbow 2017 (Editor’s Choice)
Out of all the crossbows reviewed this is the one with the most speed and velocity shooting at 410 fps at 7.3 pounds and a draw weight of 185 pounds and added bonus is the dot illumination that is either green or red and can be shut off with a single button. This baby is lightweight and has a power stroke of 15.4 inches oh and did we not tell you that the kinetic energy it produces is 149 pounds. Guess we forgot that information!
- Very high velocity Up to 410 Feet per second
- Lightweight and robust built
- On key precision
- No dampening system
2. TenPoint Venom Crossbow Review – Compact and Lightweight Crossbow
We have already told you about lightweight crossbows and yes this is one too but it also comes with one of the best scopes , a built in rope cocking feature and a spot on target hit and depending on the arrows you are using you can just about hit any target that you want to. With that being said the most used arrows for this kind of bow is the 20 incher, although there may not be a lot of features but the ones that are in it are enough to make it a keeper.
- ACU50 draw
- Speed 372 feet per second of velocity
- Lifetime warranty included
- Zooming feature 1.5X to 5X
- Dampening device included
- Safety feature makes noise.
1. Excalibur Matrix Mega 405 Review – Best crossbow for the money
At the number one spot is a pocket pincher but one that will make you fall in love with, a re- curve crossbow that will give you 405 fps velocity and an accurate shot at that! It also has included one of the hottest scopes when it comes to crossbow none other than the Twilight DLX coupled with R.E.D.S suppressors that allow you to minimize the noise reduction so that you are in complete focus.
- Swiftest re-curve crossbow
- Excellent Built Quality
- Fabulous Scope
- DVD manual included for assembly
- 4 Diablo arrows included
- Heavy draw weight 290 lbs
- Bow stringer not included
Crossbow Buying Guide
Some pointers to keep in mind while shopping for crossbows are:
- The draw weight:
is the power it takes to pull the arrow and the more weight you draw in while you are pulling on the arrow the faster the arrow will move usually it is between 75 and 200 pounds
The arrows that can travel at a faster speed are the ones that are preferable like at 300 fps. This is not only good for hunting games but killing prey at such a speed is much easier too.
- Good Scope that you have just the right the distance from your hit accurate and precise so that there is no need for a second hit.